The Stavanger region has been an important part of the branding of the Norwegian fjords as an international icon and destination.
For almost 50 years the region has been an international hub for the North Sea Energy industry. The Stavanger region is further known for agriculture, centres of research and finance, as well as the arts. The greater region has more than 370,000 inhabitants.
An established convention and event destination
The region is an established convention and event destination, having already hosted a vast spectrum of events, meetings and exhibitions. The facilities are modern and up-to-date, offering great possibilities for a wide range of events.
Why the Stavanger region?
- Easy Access
- Regional cross-sectoral collaboration
- Strong national collaboration and support
- Good reputation for organising large events - all throughout the year!
- Strong and engaged cultural and sports communities
- New venues of top standard
- High-level facilities
- Spectacular attractions and surroundings
- European Capital of Culture 2008 - the culture lives on!
- Excellent hospitality among suppliers and partners